Infrared thermal moisture scan be performed to determine if there is moisture, absorbed through your roof insulation.
Infrared scanning is generally done at night with no less than two workers onsite. Please keep in mind our rates cover multiple technicians, assuring the job is properly covered from all angles.
Our infrared thermal scan shows you where the moisture is present in your roof. This can eliminate an entire costly roof replacement and allow us to do repairs to the areas where moisture is present.
An entire thermal scan was done on this building. The results showed us that 80% of the roof was good , allowing us to do roof repairs to the other 20 % , avoiding a costly roof replacement .
Save Money with a 'Thermal Inspection'
Moisture problems don't always mean that a new roof is necessary. Your roof can have a Infra Red Thermal
roof inspection. Thermal roof inspections are an effective way to keep your roof in good condition for a longer time. The results of a Thermal Inspection show what areas off your roof that need repairs , making an entire roof replacement unnecessary. Avoid costly roof replacements with an thermal roof inspection .
INFRA RED INSPECTIONS
OUR FACEBOOK POSTS
What is the reason you should have 'Core Cut' ?
1. First and foremost to see what is under the roof. ( A roof can have other roofs below ).
2. It is important to see what type of roof deck is under the roof. - The most common roof deck is steel. If it is
not a steel deck then it is either wood, gypsum, " Tectum " or concrete . If you have a roofing contractor come
and take measurements and does not take a 'Core Cut' he is doing himself a huge injustice.
A) He will have no idea if there are other roofs below.
B) If there is one other or even two other roofs below, the contractor will
not know on how many dumpsters will be required for the removal and disposal, of the top roof and whatever
might be underneath.
C) If there arethree roofs that have to be cut off , labor cost for the tear off will be three
times more than if there was only one roof and the contractor will have to pay for 3 times more in dumpster
3. If there is no "Core Cut" taken the contractor will not know if the is wet insulation below.(unless your willing to
pay for a "moisture scan").
4. If there is no "Core Cut" the contractor can only hope for the best scenario, which would be, the roof that is
exposed is the only one and the deck below is steel (usually 22 gauge prime painted "B" decking)
5. Finally if there is no "Core Cut" , and the existing roof is removed and properly disposed of the contractor will
have no idea on how to secure the new insulation . If the 'deck' is steel the new insulation (which is not wet),
can stay. You will only have to pay for new insulation provided by the contractor that is wet !
6. If you have a concrete deck the contractor should install all the of the new insulation by adhering it to the
concrete with a foam adhesive.
7. If a 'Core Cut' or multiple 'Core Cuts' were taken , you and the contractor will learn exactly how many roofs
have to removed , if you still have a lot of dry insulation that can stay and how much wet insulation will be
disposed of and how many pieces of new insulation will be needed, & how to secure the new insulation,
preferably , two layers of "Polyisocyanurate" with an R-value = 20, can be secured with a three inch round
' Galvalume ' plates with a minimum of a 4.5 inch screw in the middle of each plate, that will fasten
the two layers of insulation and will bite a minimum of 1/2 inches into the 'steel deck'.
Watch the video below, which shows why you should take "Core Cuts" or a "Core Sample of your roof